Small Organic Sanitary Pad for Light Flow
Ethical and Sustainable: Made with GOTS certified organic cotton.
Handmade in Ireland
Discrete and comfortable: The small pad only weighs 18g
Adaptable: 2 snap buttons to adapt the width of the pad to your underwear
Length: Approximately 20.5cm
Internal layers: 2 layers
Label made of 100% recycled PET
Our small pads are perfect for light flows.
What are our Cloth Sanitary Pads (CSP) made of ?
- A layer of GOTS certified flannel which is super soft and goes agains the skin. If you notice tiny black spots on the topper, this is normal, this is because our flannel is unbleached and undyed. The flannel is left at its natural colour. This means less unnecessary chemicals touching your intimate parts.
- Several layers of the same flannel, depending on the level of absorbency required. Flannel is a very absorbent fabric and dries quite fast.
- A layer of PUL Oeko-tex waterproof fabric. That means no leaks and no stains!
A layer of GOTS certified patterned cotton. It brings a bit of fun to the pad! This side goes against your underwear.
How to use and wash your CSP?
- Wash before first use
- Place your pad with the pattern side facing down. Fold the wings and snap the pad around your panties
- When it’s time to change, rinse with warm water & lather with natural soap (like Castile). Leave to rest for a few hours.
- Rinse again to remove the majority of stains.
- Put your pads in a mesh wash bag. Wash at a maximum of 40° and leave to air dry.
- Do not dry clean
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not use fabric softener
- Do not iron
These instructions come with each order on recycled product cards.
Why make the switch to Cloth Sanitary Pads?
It is estimated that one can menstruate about 450 times in a lifetime and spend around €8,100. Our wallets are not the only thing which is impacted. The environmental cost is massive. We can buy between 5,000 to 15,000 disposable pad or tampons over the course of our lives! A disposable pad is constituted of 90% plastic, which is not recyclable, meaning that this staggering number will end up in landfills or sometimes, down the toilets.
In addition to the environmental cost, there is also the impact these disposable products can have on our health. A French study has shown that most disposable pads and tampons contain pesticide residues, one of which has been famously classified as a possible carcinogen. They also contain endocrine disruptors!
Making the switch to our Cloth Sanitary Pads, made with certified organic cotton, means better care for yourself, the environment and your wallet.